the environment - MAP - monarch and the planet
Monarch Airlines cares about the environment and we therefore wish to promote environmental good practice at all levels - both internally and externally. We will continually seek to minimise the negative impacts upon the environment that may be caused by ourselves, our partners and our clients.
We also strive to improve our environmental performance to ensure that our activities contribute to the sustainable development of the communities in which we operate.
We aim to:
- Minimise our consumption of resources and raw materials
- Seek to minimise emissions and reduce energy consumption
- Seek to minimise waste from our activities and recycle wherever possible
- Endeavour to purchase from suppliers who share our concern for the environment and whenever possible purchase and use recyclable products or products from sustainable sources
- Exercise a positive influence within the industry through our awareness raising and behaviour change activities
We will do this by:
- Complying with and wherever possible exceeding all relevant environmental legislation
- Implementing a system to monitor and measure our impact on the environment
- Continuing to integrate environmental aims into the business planning process for ongoing improvement
- Actively communicating with employees on our environmental programme and engaging them in achieving good environmental practice
- Monitoring and reporting on our progress, with periodic reviews