baggage - Special Declaration of Value for Baggage
Special Declaration of Value for Baggage
Please note that passengers who intend on travelling with high value items may make a Special Declaration of Value. Special Declarations are subject to the following terms and conditions.
- The Special Baggage Declaration of Value is only applicable to a one way flight.
- One Special Baggage Declaration of Value can be purchased per item of checked baggage/ per one way flight.
- Proof of the value of the item(s) is required in order to make a Special Declaration of Value. Proof must be in the form of a valid receipt or certified valuation. Without proof of value Monarch Airlines will not be able to process a Special Declaration of Value.
- All passengers are required to complete in full the Special Declaration of Value form before check-in.
- If passengers have completed a Special Declaration of Value via Monarch Airlines Customer Service Centre, passengers are expected to produce a copy of the completed Special Declaration of Value form along with all of the required proof as set out in Clause 3 above.
- A non-refundable fee of 75% of the value of the item will be charged for a Special Declaration. There are no exceptions. The 75% will be calculated based on the proof of value provided.
- All items must be thoroughly packaged to enable safe transfer. Packaging to be inspected and signed off by agent.
- Passengers are expected to check their item(s) upon arrival at their destination.
- Any loss or damage must be reported to a Monarch Airlines’ agent whilst in the baggage terminal and all loss or damage must be recorded on a PIR form. The validated Special Declaration of Value form must also be presented.
- If the item of checked baggage and/or contents is lost or damaged, you are entitled to compensation up to the maximum declared value on production of a valid Special Declaration of Value Form.
- The Special Declaration of Value fee is non-refundable.
- The Special Declaration of Value does not cover certain valuable items such as money, jewellery, computers, mobile phones, tablets, ipods or other similar electronic devices, cameras.