baggage - sports equipment - charter flights
Don't forget on many items you can pre-book over the phone or online and save £5/€7 off the airport price. Please ensure you pre-book at least 4 days in advance of travel.
Sports Equipment (including bag) up to 20kg
£25.00 (GBP) / €31,00 (EUR) per item, each way when you pay on arrival at check-in.
- Includes golf clubs, bicycles*, carpet bowls, surf, kitesurf & body boards** and scuba equipment***^. Please note: this is not an exhaustive list and any item of sports equipment weighing up to maximum of 20kg can be carried providing the fee has been paid.
- Pre-book online or over the phone & save £5.00 on the pay at check-in price.
Sports Equipment (including bag) up to 32kg
£35.00 (GBP) / €44,00 (EUR) per item, each way when you pay on arrival at check-in.
- Includes hang gliders, windsurf boards, canoes and kayaks. Please note: this is not an exhaustive list and and any item of sports equipment weighing up to a maximum of 32kg can be carried providing the fee has been paid.
Skis & Snowboards
- On Charter flights Skis and Snowboards are normally booked through your tour operator. Please contact them for advice.
- Skis and snowboards are subject to a maximum weight of 20kgs per item. Any item exceeding this allowance will be subject to standard excess baggage rates.
- Ski boots can be taken in a separate bag as part of the passengers main hold baggage allowance providing that the combined weight does not exceed 20kg.
For any other sports equipment queries please contact our Pre-flight Customer Services Centre.
Any monies paid for flight extra's is non refundable. Should the flight be cancelled by the passenger we will not refund any monies paid for pre-reserved seating, sports equipment or excess baggage.
Canoes, Kayaks or Hang Gliders if the total length (including the mast) is less than 3.8 metres. The size of the hold does not permit bigger items and we will therefore refuse transport of any items that exceed this limit.
Please make every effort to protect your bicycle - we recommend the use of a bicycle bag with padding for added protection. Handlebars must be turned inwards, pedals removed or turned inwards, tyres deflated and the bicycle must be wrapped in plastic or cardboard. Maximum weight is 20kg per bike.
To reserve a space within the aircraft hold for your equipment, you need to pre-book your item. Our aircraft hold space is limited and we have a restriction on the amount of equipment that we can accommodate. If you do not pre-book, we will only accept your equipment if there is sufficient room in the aircraft hold and you will have to pay the appropriate fee at the airport.
Please make every effort to secure your golf clubs and other sports equipment - we recommend that zipper type compartments are padlocked.
The transport of individual golf clubs as hand baggage is not permitted. If you wish to carry just one or two clubs, we recommend that they are protected in a padded box for carriage in the hold of the aircraft.
We recommend that passengers have insurance cover for the replacement value of all their sports equipment.
Pre-booking 20kgs of Sports Equipment allows passengers an extra baggage allowance of up to 20kgs (including bag) for the carriage of Sports equipment only (Diving equipment should be packed
separately for identification purposes). Examples of items that will be carried within this weight are: Kitesurfs, Surfboards*, Carpet bowls, Diving Kit**, Golf Clubs or Bicycle***.
Pre-booking 32kgs of Sports Equipment allows passengers an extra baggage allowance of up to 32kgs (including bag) for the carriage of Sports Equipment only. Examples of items that will be carried within this weight are: Canoes, Kayaks, Hangliders or Windsurfs*.
Any weight in excess of these allowances will be charged per kilo at the normal excess baggage rates at check-in.
* Please note Bicycles must be packed for protection and handlebars must be turned inwards, pedals removed or turned inwards, tyres removed and the bicycle must be wrapped, boxed or bagged. Weight allowance for bicycles is 30kgs.
** Boards of a honeycomb construction must have the pressure valve removed/open. The total length of any item must not exceed 3.8 metres
*** Any diving cylinders carried must be empty with the cylinder valve open/loose.
^ Please note: On production of a valid Dive Licence /Certificate (PADI or BSAC) passengers travelling to Egypt carrying Scuba Diving equipment are allowed an additional 5kg allowance free of charge. Any passengers that cannot produce a valid dive certificate or those in excess of this additional 5kg allowance will be charged the applicable sports equipment fee shown above.
Passenger should take out additional insurance for the item(s) as Monarch Airlines does not accept responsibility for loss or damage.
The passenger should present the item(s) no later than TWO HOURS before the scheduled time of departure.
Monarch Airlines accepts no responsibility for transport of the item(s) to or from any of the airports involved.
The item(s) must be wrapped as necessary to prevent damage to other baggage and the aircraft, and clearly labelled.
All equipment will only be accepted subject to weight and space being available.