flying with children & pets - flying with infants
Back to Travel Info & FAQs
Monarch will do everything possible to assist passengers with young children. Here is our advice for a stress-free journey:
- Don't forget that you can pre-book your seats (subject to availability). This is a good way to make sure you will be sitting next to your children during the flight.
- Please note that unfortunately we cannot offer emergency exit row extra legroom seats to anyone under the age of 16. For safety reasons and to comply with CAA regulations, anyone occupying those seats must be able bodied and over 16 years of age. For more information click here.
- We advise passengers with children to check in early to avoid queuing. Our check-in desks open at least 2 hours prior to departure.
- Infants travel on their parents laps with the use of an extension seat belt. Parents carrying infants will be issued with seats that allow for an extra drop down oxygen mask for infants in the event of an emergency.
- Infants receive a 10kg baggage allowance on all flights (flight numbers beginning with ZB and MON) (subject to payment of hold / checked-in baggage charges); however pushchairs, prams and car seats should be accepted for carriage free of charge in addition to the baggage allowance. Travel cots may be carried in the hold but must form part of the 10kg infant bag allowance (on payment of the relevant bag fee.)
- Infants do not receive a meal on board as part of the normal catering service, however parents are welcome to take their own baby food/feeding bottles on-board.
- We do not have any heating facilities on the aircraft; however our crew can provide hot water to help with baby feeding bottles.
- All Monarch aircraft have nappy changing facilities on-board in at least one WC.