medical & special requirements - extra therapeutic oxygen
Back to Travel Info & FAQs
- Oxygen bottles are carried on all flights for emergency use only. It is essential therefore that you let us know in advance if you know you might require oxygen during a flight.
- There is a charge of £100 for a one way flight, or £200 for a return flight for the provision of oxygen.
- Use of passengers' own personal oxygen supply onboard is permitted. Monarch Airlines must approve such requests. Passengers will only be permitted 2 portable oxygen cylinders, since it has to be stowed beneath the passengers seat. There will be no charge levied if passengers carry their own approved portable oxygen.
- Passengers requiring therapeutic oxygen must contact us at least seven days prior to travel.
- Please note: Passengers must travel with a letter from their doctor confirming they are fit to travel. Passengers will not be accepted for travel without this letter.
- Any passengers requiring additional therapeutic oxygen are asked to ensure that they have appropriate insurance cover arranged at booking. Passengers will be asked to present this at check-in along with a copy of their fit to fly certificate as signed by their doctor.