Online Check-in (scheduled flights only) - Online Check-in
Opens: 28 days prior to departure.
Closes: 6 hours prior to departure.
Online check-in is available for passengers carrying hand baggage and/or hold baggage.
Monarch operates a universal pre-allocated seating policy. This means online check-in is free when you pre-allocate and pay for a seat.
If you have not already pre-allocated your seat before checking in you will be asked to do so during the online check-in process.
If you don't want to pre-allocate and pay for a seat, you can still check-in for free at the airport, where you will be allocated a seat at random.
How to check-in online
The check-in process is very quick and simple.
- Search for your flight booking in the 'Manage Flight Booking' area by entering the booking reference and the email address that you used to make the booking.
- If you haven't already pre-paid any applicable hold baggage charges or pre-allocated seats with your booking you will be asked to do so and charged the appropriate seat fees. By choosing your seat in advance you can ensure you sit together with family/friends and there is no need to rush at the airport.
- Answer the standard security questions regarding your baggage, your identification and whether you require any special assistance. Upon acceptance of the security questions and payment of any appropriate seat fees you will be fully checked in.
- Print off the boarding pass for each of the passengers you have checked in and bring the passes to the airport with you. Information about Identification, Travel Documents & Boarding Passes.
Click here to see our Online Check-in How to Guide.
If you are travelling with hand baggage only, you can take your printed boarding pass and proceed straight through airport security, ensuring you have the correct travel documents with you.
You can also check in online if you are bringing hold baggage to the airport. Some airports with bag drops allow you to check in online and then quickly and easily ‘drop off’ your hold baggage before you go through security. Bag drops close 40 minutes prior to the scheduled departure of your flight.
For those airports without bag drops or self-service kiosks, you can still check in online if you have hold baggage but you will need to queue up at the check-in desk as normal. Once your baggage has been checked in you will be given a new boarding pass.
Important: Certain airports are subject to different check-in desk and gate closure times. Check your flight confirmation email and your online boarding pass respectively for specific details.
Fast bag drop desks are open from 3 hours prior to departure, closing 40 mins before departure. Please allow plenty of time for checking in your baggage, clearing security and proceeding to departures. Bear in mind that some departure gates are some distance from check-in.
Changes to your booking will not be possible once you have checked in.
You will NOT be able to check in online:
- If you do not have an email address associated with your booking (e.g. you booked by telephone and your itinerary was posted to you or you booked via a 3rd party and not directly with Monarch) then you cannot use online check-in. This is because we require both the booking reference and email address associated with the booking in order to retrieve your flight details
- If you are traveling on a Charter flight (MON flight number)
- If you are under 12 years old, unless accompanied by an adult over 16 years old
- If you are travelling with a group of 10 passengers or more
- If you do not have a valid European Passport
- If you are travelling to or from Sharm El Sheik, Malta, Bordeaux, Split, Hurghada, Enfidha, Agadir, Naples, Turin, Salzburg, Preveza, Zakynthos (Zante) and Rhodes.