social networking - Why is Monarch on social media sites?
We’ve joined Social Media sites so that we can get to know you better!
So far you can follow us on Facebook, Twitter & Google +, where we would like to read your comments and suggestions to help us improve your experience of our products and services.
Our Social Media team, will actively update and monitor these accounts during office hours 9:00am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
Some competitions and special offers may occasionally be posted outside office hours to make you don’t miss out.
Why should I join?
By joining, you’ll get a daily feed of travel tips, inspiration and advice from Monarch’s travel experts. We’ll also try to tempt you with special offers, excellent discounts, competitions and more! Our customer services team will be available to answer your questions on Twitter during the week. You’ll also have the opportunity to meet fellow travellers, join exclusive discussions and polls and make a new set of friends online.
Plus if you share your travel tips, stories and photos with us and you could feature in Passport, our inflight magazine and win free flights on our scheduled network!
Follow us @Monarch
Tell us in 140 characters about your travel needs and we’ll do our best to find you an easy and inexpensive solution.
We are interested in what you have to say and if you follow us, we will follow you back. Tweet any message to @monarch and you are pretty much guaranteed a response.
Our Twitter account activity varies between an 2 to 5 tweets a day, but only about things we believe are of your interest. During times of disruption (snow, ashcloud, etc…) we may send more tweets that this.
We’ll be sending tweets about:
- Regular travel tips from cabin crew under hashtag #MonarchMondaytips or #Monarchtraveltips on a Tuesday
- Special discounts listed on Friday under the hashtag #Cheapflightsfriday.
- Competitions with exciting flight and holiday prizes, including photo competitions
- Useful travel tips and advice from Monarch, customers and occasionally from travel partners
- Help from Monarch’s marketing team and customer services representatives, who will be identified by their initials, for example ^CG
- The latest news about Monarch and alerts about new content on our website, official blog, Facebook, YouTube etc
- Invitations to provide feedback on specific flight and holiday products we are working on
- The latest from our cabin crew and pilots
- Occasional live coverage of events
We’ll only Direct Message (DM) you if there is a relevant message that only you should see
‘Like’ our Monarch page
Our Facebook page will provide you exclusive special offers and access to “friend only” competitions. You will also be able to contact our marketing team!
Please note we will not be able to process financial transactions such as payments or refunds via comments on the Facebook Wall due to privacy concerns. These enquiries should be directed to our customer services team. You can contact them here.
Note: Facebook or Twitter may occasionally be unavailable and we accept no responsibility for lack of service due to its downtime.
‘Like’, ‘Tweet’ and ‘Share’ buttons, what are they all about?
These are known as 'social bookmarks'. If you have a Facebook account for example, you can click the 'like' button on any page and this information will be shared on your wall. If you have a Twitter account, click 'tweet' and a link to this page will appear in your timeline. You can also share a page on almost any other social bookmarking site, such as Digg, StumbleUpon and Delicious, or on Instant Messager - the choice is yours!