on arrival and in resort - scuba-diving
We have arranged some superb value scuba-diving packages in premier diving destinations including the Red Sea, the Maldives and Kenya, for all levels of divers. We recommend you pre-book your package to ensure participation. If for medical reasons you are not sure you should scuba-dive, we recommend you do not pre-book, and contact the dive school upon arrival in your resort.
- 1. All diving schools advertised on this website are required to follow international safety standards, and are affiliated to organisations such as PADI, CMAS or NAUI.
- 2. We do not guarantee that you will be able to complete your scuba course in the timescales suggested. Performance on a scuba course and its duration depend on the individual diver's ability.
- 3. The packages pre-booked in the UK cannot be changed in the resort.
- 4. The cost of any unused dives will not be refunded.
- 5. Additional diving may be booked if available and is payable locally.
- 6. The cost of log book, certificate course book and other course materials are not included and should be paid direct to the dive school on successful completion of the open water course. Costs: approximately US$110 per person.
- 7.Equipment in full equipment package includes: mask*, fins*, snorkel*, regulator with octopus and pressure gauge, stabjacket with inflator, 12-litre tank, belt, weights and dive computer. *At Vilamendhoo in the Maldives, these items are not included.
- 8. Prices include transfers to/from dive sites except in the Maldives where a small fee is payable locally.
- 9. Minimum age for a PADI scuba-diver or open water course is 10 years (8 years for PADI Bubblemaker course in a swimming pool, maximum depth 2 metres).
- 10. Medical Certificate of fitness to dive may be required.
- 11. It is strongly recommended that you leave 24 hours between diving and flying home. There is no time limit when you arrive in resort, and you may start diving straight away.
- 12. Most of the dive destinations advertised on this website boast magnificent natural coral reefs. Please help to protect the environment and refrain from doing anything to cause harm to the reef - they are live, so breaking and touching will kill them.
- 13. Please note that many dive schools in the Maldives do not accept credit cards.
- 14. A small fee may be payable in certain destinations for entry into national marine parks.
- 15. If you are a qualified diver and have booked either an advanced course or dive package, please ensure you take your log book and certificate with you.
Note: Scuba-diving (including PADI Bubblemaker course) is covered under the Monarch Holidays insurance policy detailed on page 178, for whatever is medically necessary, providing: a) You do not dive beneath 30 metres; b) If you are a qualified diver that at all times you are accompanied by another qualified diver; c) If you are an unqualified diver that at all times you are accompanied by a qualified diving instructor.
NB. Scuba tanks and equipment are not covered. If not taking out Monarch Holidays insurance, please check your own insurance policy for scuba-diving cover.