car hire - Europe: SixT Holiday Cars - terms & conditions
If you book car hire in Europe your car rental contract is with Sixt Holiday cars & not Monarch. Prices may vary due to pick up date, location and vehicle availability. Prices are subject to availability and charges and conditions apply. Full terms and conditions and more information can be found on the Sixt website at: SixT terms and will be enclosed with your car rental voucher. See the “Travel Extras – Car Hire” from the homepage.
If you are under 25 or over 65 years old please inform Monarch Reservation Department at the time of booking on 0871 423 8568 (Calls to this number cost 10 pence per minute from a standard BT landline. Calls from other networks and mobiles may vary). Age restrictions may apply in certain destinations, and in some cases there may be a young drivers charge payable locally.
- Drivers must produce a full British driving licence held for at least one year (or in some cases an international driving licence). Drivers with a new style licence must have all sections with them
- In certain locations and for some car types, drivers must have held a full licence for a minimum of 2 years
- It is the driver's responsibility to ensure that he/she has the appropriate driving licence
- Our reservations agent must be informed of any endorsements on the driver's licence, as we may not be able to take your booking
- No refunds will be given for rentals rejected due to non-production of a driving licence or non-disclosed endorsements
- Faxed or photocopied licences are not acceptable
- Deposits vary by destination
- All customers will be required to leave a deposit to cover the insurance excess and fuel. To do so, a valid credit card in the name of the lead driver, must be produced upon collection of the car, as a form of deposit
- Cash deposits are rarely accepted
- Where a deposit for fuel is payable, it will usually be refunded if the car is returned with a full tank. If the tank is not returned full, our local car rental partner will charge for fuel at its prevailing rate. They may also levy a refuelling charge. Please check the fuel policy when you pick up your car
- Deposits against damage are required in some countries. A major credit card can be used for this purpose.
Child seats are mandatory in most countries and must be requested at the time of booking. Booster seats are now compulsory in the Algarve for children under 12. Although instructions will be provided you will be required to fit the child seat yourself. If requested and confirmed at least 7 days prior to departure these will be guaranteed. For older children, it is recommended that you take your own booster seats.
All prices on this website apply at time of publication and nightly website update (nightly XML upload) but we reserve the right to change any of these prices from time to time. Though advertised cars will be supplied by Sixt Holiday Cars, on occasions dependent on demand or car type, other car hire operators may be used. Please note that this is a summary of booking conditions for car rental. Full terms and conditions will be enclosed with your rental voucher, or you may visit www.sixt.co.uk or write to: Sixt Kenning Ltd, Sixt Rent a Car, Durrant House, 47 Holywell Street, Chesterfield, Derbyshire, S41 7SJ. NB. Your car rental contract is with Sixt Holiday Cars not Monarch Holidays.