Nice Cheap Flight Deals
The French Riviera is considered to be a playground for the rich and famous, with luxury yachts moored in the harbours and plenty of high-end boutiques and restaurants where those with money can splash some cash. Nice offers an excellent introduction to this glamorous part of France, with numerous attractions that don't cost the earth.
Situated next to a glorious sweep of golden sand, Nice is the ultimate city-and-seaside destination. Spend a few hours working on your tan on its picturesque beach before venturing into one of its museums or galleries for a splash of culture.
In the evenings, enjoy a delicious meal at one of its many seafront restaurants or sip on a tasty cocktail in a chic bar overlooking the bay.
Things to do in Nice
As well as sightseeing and shopping, there are plenty of other things to do on a holiday in Nice. Simply strolling along its picturesque streets is a real delight, with interesting monuments, quaint cafes and stunning gardens just waiting to be discovered.
At the beaches you can swim, go kayaking, try wakeboarding or explore on a paddleboard. If you head out of the city into the surrounding hills you'll find excellent walking trails, as well as places where you can have a go at paragliding. If it's adventure you're after, consider taking a canyoning tour or going on a rafting excursion along one of the rivers that flows from the mountains towards the coast.
There are many wonderful things to see and do in Nice - the following are just a few of the city's top attractions.
• The beaches - There are more than 7 km of beaches in Nice, which are made up of private and public stretches of sand. While you have to pay for a spot on a private beach, you can make use of their sun beds, parasols, showers and toilets. Some of the public areas also have basic facilities, though.
• Musee Matisse - Nice is home to dozens of museums, but one of the best for art lovers is Musee Matisse, which is dedicated to the eponymous artist. A wide selection of his works is on display here, as well as some of his personal effects.
• Musee d'Archeologie de Nice, site de Cimiez - To discover more of Nice's early history, head to this fascinating archaeological site where you can see ruins dating from as far back as the 3rd century AD. You can also visit the museum that contains artefacts from the Neolithic, Bronze and Middle ages.
• Marche aux Fleurs Cours Saleya - Tucked away in the heart of Old Nice is Cours Saleya - a charming venue for one of Nice's best markets. A riot of colourful flowers, exotic plants and fragrant displays await you here.
• Basilique Notre-Dame - This striking place of worship is the largest church in Nice and a real sight to behold. Venture inside to get a good look at its beautiful stained-glass windows.
Nice holiday resorts
|Nice Holidays||13 Hotels, Villas + Apartments|