2012 News - Flights - Monarch’s passenger numbers March 2012
04 04 2012
Leading scheduled leisure airline Monarch recorded strong passenger numbers in March 2012, with over 249,000 customers travelling to hotspots across Europe and the Mediterranean.
The scheduled leisure airline saw passenger numbers increase by 4.8% in March 2012 vs. March 2011. In comparison to the previous year, Monarch carried 11,515 more passengers on a capacity increase of 9,414 and an increased load factor of 1.2% points.
The strong performance has been bolstered by the launch of eight new Italian routes from the 25th March to Milan, Rome and Venice; the new routes will be flying from all of Monarch’s UK bases:
- Manchester to Milan and Venice
- Birmingham to Milan, Rome and Venice
- London Gatwick to Milan, and Venice
- London Luton to Rome
The top three routes in March 2012 were Tenerife, Alicante and Malaga.
Monarch’s passenger statistics for scheduled services during March 2012:
Passenger numbers (1)
March 2011 238,131
March 2012 249,646
% change 4.8%
Load factor (2)
March 2011 85.8%
March 2012 87.0%
% change 1.2% pts.
1. Represents the number of earned seats flown by Monarch. Earned seats include seats that are flown whether or not the passenger turns up because once a flight has departed a no-show customer is not entitled to change flights or seek a refund.
2. Represents the number of earned seats flown as a proportion of the total number of seatsPrevious Page