2012 News - Flights - Monarch Airlines Summer 2012 Flight Programme for Birmingham and East Midlands Airports
17 05 2012
- Expanded services from Birmingham Airport, including new scheduled flights to Nice and Barcelona
- First programme of scheduled flights from new UK base, East Midlands Airport
Monarch, the leading scheduled leisure airline, has today expanded its flight programme for Summer 2012, introducing two new scheduled services from Birmingham Airport to Barcelona and Nice. The airline also today launched its first programme of flights from its new UK base, East Midlands Airport, operating to key leisure destinations across the Mediterranean.
Flights for Summer 2012 from East Midlands Airport will start from 31st August 2012 and will include daily services to Malaga, Alicante, Faro (Portugal) and Palma (Majorca) all available to book via www.monarch.co.uk.
New and additional flights from Birmingham Airport will start from 20th July 2012 and include the following services:
• Nice* - Daily flights
• Malaga – 4 additional weekly flights (Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays)
• Barcelona* - 4 weekly flights (Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays)
• Majorca – 3 additional weekly flights (Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays)
• Alicante – 3 additional weekly flights (Mondays, Tuesdays and Sundays)
• Faro – 2 additional weekly flights (Thursdays and Saturdays)
• Rome – 2 additional weekly flights (Mondays and Wednesdays)
• Dalaman – 1 additional weekly flight (Fridays)
• Ibiza – 1 additional weekly flight (Wednesdays)
• Tenerife – 1 additional weekly flight (Saturdays)
Commenting on the additional flights for Summer 2012 flights and the new routes, Managing Director of Monarch Airlines, Kevin George said, ““We are delighted to be expanding our Summer 2012 flights programme from Birmingham Airport and launching our first programme of flights from East Midlands Airport; providing greater choice to customers in the Midlands.
“The launch of operations from East Midlands accelerates the strategy we announced last year to focus on the development of our scheduled operations into key leisure destinations across the Mediterranean, the Canaries and North Africa.
“The addition of new daily services from Birmingham Airport to Nice, a new scheduled destination for the airline and the new services to Barcelona supports our determination to deliver an all-encompassing proposition; offering choice, value and superior customer service from all of the major gateways in the UK.”
*New scheduled routesPrevious Page