2013 News - Flights - Monarch Airlines’ new phone app helps ‘Make Flying Fun Again’
01 05 2013
Leading scheduled leisure airline, Monarch, has launched a brand new phone app designed to make the customer experience even more enjoyable, particularly at the airport.
The app, called simply ‘Monarch’, boasts a whole host of features for the leisure traveller designed to make their experience even easier whilst supporting the airline’s campaign to ‘make flying fun again’.
Key features of the new app include:
• Find & Book Flights: This allows customers to search for flights and book them via the app, wherever they are. Customers can also book Monarch’s ‘Airpacks’ and other services quickly and easily.
• Directions & Traffic: For customers who need directions to the airport, there is the facility to put in a postcode, select the chosen airport and the app will direct you there and let you know if there are traffic problems on the way so you can plan your journey accordingly.
• Find My Car: No more forgetting where you parked the car - with the Monarch app customers can save the car’s location in the app, and the app will guide you back to the car.
• Airport Information: This handy tool gives customers the full airport address, plus directions and also links directly to the airport’s website so you can quickly find answers to any other questions you may have.
• Check Flight Status: Customers can monitor the status of a flight until its arrival or departure - very handy if you're heading to the airport to pick up friends and family.
• Weather: Customers can find out exactly what they should be packing for their trip with this handy 10-day weather report for every Monarch destination.
• Currency Converter: It’s always confusing to know if you are getting a bargain when shopping abroad and so this handy currency converter will help customers work out the local currency and will even work without Wi-Fi.
• Send A Postcard: For those who like to keep in touch with home this facility is ideal. Customers can simply take a picture, add a caption and email or post it to Facebook or Twitter. There’s also a range of Monarch postcards to use.
• Your Feedback: This allows customers to send their comments to Monarch quickly and easily. These will be monitored and considered for future updates to the app.
Commenting on this new customer application, Kevin George, Managing Director, Monarch Airlines, said: “We are delighted to be able to offer our customers this new app. With Monarch now clearly established as a leading scheduled airline in the UK and with the 160% increase in mobile traffic that we have seen over the last 12 months, it is very important that we utilise the latest technology to offer our customers as many facilities as we can. This is just the first step in a host of enhancements that Monarch will be offering customers in the coming months to make their whole booking and travel experience both easier and more enjoyable.”
The app, ‘Monarch’ is completely free and can be downloaded now from the Apple Store, for iPhones and iPads, and from the Google Play Store for Android devices.