2013 News - Flights - New version of Monarch Airlines’ phone app goes live
20 08 2013
Leading scheduled leisure airline, Monarch, has launched a new, enhanced version of their popular phone app designed to make the customer experience even more enjoyable, particularly at the airport.
The app, called simply ‘Monarch’, which was launched in April, boasts a whole host of features for the leisure traveller designed to make their experience even easier whilst supporting the airline’s campaign to ‘make flying fun again’.
Following customer feedback from some of the 50,000 users, Monarch has made some enhancements to the first version of this popular new travel companion.
Key features of the new version include:
• Enhanced airport information with an interactive airport map of Birmingham airport (others to follow). This is the first airline app to use Google Inside airport terminal maps
• Find, view and save your flight bookings – using your email address and booking reference number
• Banner messages – to keep users up to date with current promotions and news so that you never miss an offer or discount
• Improved currency convertor
• Additional postcard options
Commenting on the updated app, Kevin George, Managing Director, Monarch Airlines, said: “We are delighted to be able to offer customers a new version of our app. There have been more than 50,000 downloads since its launch back in April with the app peaking at number two in the top 50 travel apps. The feedback we have received has been extremely positive with customers commenting particularly on the usefulness of the flight status tracker, find my car, the currency convertor and directions to and from the airport. Much of the feedback has contributed to the enhancements in this latest version which we are sure our customers will find even more useful.”
The app will be constantly evolving with further improvements in future versions to be released in the coming months including, push notifications about flights, managing bookings and on-line check-in.
The app, ‘Monarch’ is completely free and can be downloaded now from the Apple Store, for iPhones and iPads, and from the Google Play Store for Android devices.
- ends -