2008 News Archive - Flights - Monarch Airlines reconfigures two of its A300 aircraft to offer Premium Cabin
29 09 2004
- state of the art hand-held in-flight entertainment systems introduced -
As a result of increased demand for its Premium Cabin product, leisure carrier Monarch Airlines has reconfigured two of its A300 aircraft, allowing it to offer the spacious upgraded cabin on a wider range of medium haul routes and well as long haul. Premium Cabin was previously only available on the airline’s A330 aircraft. Operating from 1 November, the newly reconfigured A300 will offer 50 Premium Cabin seats in addition to 297 economy seats.
Premium Cabin passengers travelling on the A300 will also benefit from the introduction of the new DigEplayer - a revolutionary hand-held in-flight entertainment system, as an alternative to the individual seat back video system, thus offering customers true play-on-demand entertainment.
The hand-held ‘DigEplayer’ DVD system will offer passengers the choice of up to 15 of the latest Hollywood blockbusters, as well as an extensive range of comedy, music, children’s programmes and other entertainment. It is one of the simplest and most technically advanced portable video systems in the world.
Peter Brown, chief executive of Monarch Airlines said, “Monarch Airlines was the first airline to introduce the Premium Cabin upgrade. It has proved to be a big success and demand is such that we have decided to extend the product to a wider range of flights with the reconfiguration of our A300 fleet. This means we can offer our customers more choice and an enhanced service. We are constantly looking at ways to improve our on-board product and I believe that the DigEplayer will prove to be a popular form of entertainment for our customers."
- Ends -
* Premium Cabin
Monarch Airlines A300 fleet has been reconfigured to offer 50 seats in Premium cabin and 297 in economy. Premium Cabin passengers receive:
- 34 inch seat pitch.
- Increased seat recline, with adjustable headrests, pillows and blankets.
- A wider seat configuration of 2/4/2 instead of 3/3/3.
- Seat back, in-arm or hand-held personal video entertainment system.
- Complimentary use of upgraded headsets.
- Give-away amenity packs.
- Complimentary welcome drink and free bar service.
- Upgraded catering with a choice of entrée and a superior wine.
- Fast-track/ Fastlane service at peak times at London Gatwick and Manchester.
For further information please see www.flymonarch.com.Previous Page