Alicante Cheap Flight Deals
|Route||Nov 16||Dec 16||Jan 17||Feb 17||Mar 17||Apr 17|
|Manchester to Alicante||£34||£34||£34||£34||£31||£69|
|Birmingham to Alicante||£36||£36||£30||£30||£27||£27|
|London Gatwick to Alicante||£33||£33||£30||£30||£30||£30|
|London Luton to Alicante||£33||£30||£30||£30||£30||£59|
|Leeds Bradford to Alicante||£30||£30||£30||£30||£44||£30|
All prices are per person one way including taxes. Min 4 seats available per flight.More Deals
While Alicante is a fantastic destination in its own right, flying here is also the easiest way to reach the Costa Blanca - one of Spain's premier coastal destinations. Among the top holiday hotspots in the area are Benidorm, Calpe, Javea, Santa Pola and Elche. Flights to Alicante take around two hours and thirty minutes, or slightly longer if you’re departing from an airport located further north in the UK. Once you touch down, you won't be far from whichever resort you're staying in if you've decided not to make Alicante your base, with the likes of Benidorm, Elche and Calpe all less than an hour's drive from the airport.
Why choose Alicante?
Although there are many fantastic resorts on the Costa Blanca, Alicante is worth considering if you're looking for a holiday with a little bit of everything. The city itself boasts some fantastic historical attractions (such as the Castle of Santa Barbara), beautiful beaches, a long promenade lined by restaurants, bars and cafes, and several stunning natural areas just a short distance away. The historic quarter of Alicante is well worth exploring in detail, with buildings such as the church of Santa Maria and the Casa de la Asegurada Museum among the highlights. For sun seekers, the city's urban beach - El Postiguet - will appeal and has the added advantage of being within easy reach of the Explanada de Espana promenade and the modern leisure area that lines the port breakwater.
The castle itself has to be one of the highlights of exploring Alicante. There's just no way it can be left off any list of things to do. You'll get one of the best possible views over the city, plus the opportunity to explore this old ruin - which is free of charge, by the way.
But don't forget to wind your way through the old quarter as well. Alicante has a reputation for being ultra-touristy, but hundreds of Spaniards live, work and dine here every day. In amongst the dainty cobbled roads, you'll find traditional tavernas and enchanting taparias that are frequented by the locals. Discovering these is akin to finding gold dust, and is just as rewarding.
That's no reason not to check out the more touristy streets as well, such as the famous promenade La Explanada de España, which was designed by municipal architect José Guardiola Picó. Its sweeping waves of cream, black and red tiles are among the most famous sights in the town.
Top resorts near Alicante
Of course, you may be attracted to some of the Costa Blanca's other destinations, in which case we've put together a bit of information about a few of the most popular spots:
• Benidorm - This is probably the most famous of the Costa Blanca's resorts and is particularly well known for the quality of its beaches. With 5 km of bays, coves and other sandy stretches, it's little wonder that Benidorm is popular with families. One of its most beautiful beaches is Levante, which is also located conveniently close to the town centre and all its amenities. There are plenty of opportunities for action and adventure here as well, with the Terra Mitica theme park and numerous water sports centres among the attractions. It takes approximately 40 minutes to drive from Alicante airport to Benidorm.
• Calpe - Calpe is the ideal destination on the Costa Blanca for sun seekers and those looking for rest and relaxation on their getaway, with the town boasting 11 km of coastline dotted by secluded coves and sweeping sandy beaches. One of its most recognisable landmarks is the imposing Rock of Ifach, which juts into the sea close to the town. The whole area around Calpe is a nature reserve due to the diversity of its flora and fauna, making it a haven to escape the hustle and bustle of modern life. After you arrive on your flight to Alicante, it will take around 50 minutes to drive to Calpe from the airport.
• Javea - With a fascinating historical centre and 20 km of gorgeous coastline, Javea is rightly among the Costa Blanca's most popular tourist spots. El Arenal is one of its most striking beaches, while there are a host of water sports to try here, as well as excellent restaurants and bars close to the shore. Javea is approximately one hour and ten minutes away from the airport by car.
Did you know?
• Both Spanish and Valenciano are spoken in Alicante.
• Alicante has over 3008 hours of sunshine a year.
• There are over three million tourists to Alicante every year.
• Rice is a staple in Alicante cuisine
Daytrips from Alicante
Discovering more of Valencia is always a good idea. The region as a whole has a slightly different feel to the rest of Spain, with its own language (Valencian) and culture. Valencia is approximately a two hour drive from Alicante. Also worth a visit is the coastal town of Calpe, known for its beautiful beaches and extraordinary rock formations. For sheer natural wow-factor, Pantano de Tibi is a brief journey away from Alicante and features an extraordinary reservoir and soaring valley...
Alicante is serviced by one main airport, which is the best bet for reaching the heart of the city. And although Alicante is a great destination in its own right, Alicante Airport is also the best airport for reaching Costa Blanca, and its many great resorts. Popular favourites in Costa Blanca include Benidorm, Calpe, Javea, Santa Pola and Elche.
Arriving at Alicante airport
You won't be far from whichever resort you're staying in, with the likes of Benidorm, Elche and Calpe all less than an hour's drive from the airport. There are many travel options from the airport; for Benidorm, you can get a direct bus, taxi or public bus, which all take less than 90 minutes. To reach Alicante city centre, there’s a bus every hour which costs only €1 per person, and taxis cost around €14.00. There are also buses to the many popular resorts.
Flights to Alicante take around two hours and thirty minutes from London direct, or slightly longer if you’re departing from further north in the UK.